Required / Desired
Amount of Experience
|16+ yrs planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities||Highly desired||16 Years|
|16+ yrs leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures||Highly desired||16 Years|
|Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience||Required||20 Years|
|Supporting a diverse customer base||Required||5 Years|
|Desktop engineering and application support||Required||7 Years|
|Hands on IT desktop engineering||Required||13 Years|
|Windows desktop operating system within a corporate environment including MS Office installation and configuration,||Required||16 Years|
|experience with application packaging using Windows Installer technology||Required||11 Years|
|desktop engineering, application support, and supporting operating systems in a Microsoft Windows enterprise environment.||Required||12 Years|
|experience in customer support experience supporting a diverse customer base including C-level executives.||Required||10 Years|
|customizing Windows 7, Windows 10, and image creation. In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and PowerShell.||Required||8 Years|
|experience with application packaging using Windows Installer technology.||Required||11 Years|
|Strong scripting and development knowledge – Powershell, VBScript, Batch.||Required||11 Years|
|Experience with system management tools – Intune, LANDESK, SCCM, Altiris, etc.||Required||11 Years|
|Microsoft certifications highly preferred||Highly desired|
The Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the user computing environment. As part of the desktop engineering team, this engineer is responsible for building, delivery, and maintenance of stable, high performing, and secure desktop images. The Senior Desktop Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of implementation and maintenance of the desktop infrastructure. A qualifying candidate will have extensive expertise in one or more end-user device management and Mobile Device Management tools to include but not limited to Microsoft Intune, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), AirWatch, LANDesk, and Jamf Pro. The role will liaise with members of the IT Infrastructure team and the user community to resolve issues and respond to critical outages. This individual will work within a team of engineers to spearhead desktop OS deployment, maintenance, standardization, application packaging and deployment, security and monitoring, and desktop virtualization in a fast-paced education environment. The ideal candidate should possess strong technical and analytic skills and stays abreast of new technologies and how it can be applied to the school district for continuous improvement. The Senior Desktop Engineer will:
- Work as part of a team to oversee the school district’s computing environment comprised of physical systems and a virtual environment.
- Formulate, project manage and execute various projects to meet needs.
- Assist support staff with research, resolutions and support as needed. Own issues and the delivery of a resolution.
- Constantly evaluate current systems and operations and recommend ongoing improvements.
- Responsible for the researching of new methods for enhancing overall end-user experience.
- Provide expertise and analysis in the design, development, and implementation of technical solutions with respect to education and corporate desktop environments.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in a Windows and Mac infrastructure.
- Own highly complex technical issues, and conduct advanced research for desktop solutions.
- Act as the technical lead and single escalation point of contact client-computing environment.
- Display proven ability to manage Intune and SCCM systems management suite.
- Document technical environment, operating procedures, and guidelines.
- Create, maintain software packages, and manage large-scale targeted distribution of software.
- Responsible for the creation of software packages – accept ownership of the approval and testing.
- Proactively identify potential problems and advise management of trends.
- Develop and troubleshoot complex scripts for Zero/Lite-Touch OS deployment
- Work closely with various vendors to maintain efficient methods for installation, updates and upgrades of all client-computing software.
- Work closely with other teams within the IT unit to ensure system uptime and security compliance of the desktop environment.
- Research, investigate and propose to management new methodologies to improve customer efficiency, and productivity.
- Leverage existing Change and Problem Management processes.
- Ensure standards compliance for all systems within scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree and applicable technical certifications preferred.
- Minimum 16 years of experience in IT desktop engineering roles.
- Minimum 16 years of experience with Windows desktop operating system within a corporate environment including MS Office installation and configuration.
- Minimum 16 years of experience with application packaging using Windows Installer technology.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Windows Operating system – registry, profiles, services and components, file system and application compatibility.
- Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Experience administering Office 365 and/or Google G Suite.
- Experience with application packaging and distribution using tools such as InstallShield, and Flexera AdminStudio.
- Experience with desktop operating system imaging, build, design, deployment and lifecycle management.
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows registry.
- Strong scripting and development knowledge – Powershell, VBScript, Batch.
- Experience with system management tools – Intune, LANDESK, SCCM, Altiris, etc.
- Security and patch management policy implementation.
- Reasonable knowledge of VDI technologies and remote computing.
- Experience in support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions.
- Networking experience (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VOIP, SSL, VPN, network topology, firewall).
- Knowledge in administering Active Directory (AD) and GPO’s.
- Expertise with application and OS virtualization and delivery using VMWare, AWS, Citrix and similar technologies.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2016.